It was the longest 5 days we've ever experienced. Carman's grandma is a bit of a queen. Everything needs to be perfect for her. The hard part about that is she won't request anything herself. She'll tell us not to go out of our way to cater to her and anything we choose to do for her is fine. Hahaha~ Far from the truth. We gave up our bed for her because her back won't be able to tolerate the soft cushions of the sofa. Carman got up early every morning to go for dim sum with her. Grandma has no more real teeth left... so there aren't many things she can chew and eat. Of course, when I ask her what she can eat... she'll tell me "I can eat everything, don't worry." And when I suggest this and that... she can't chew anything of it. Hahaha!
We couldn't play the usual tour guide with her because she can't handle walking too much and to far. So she mostly declined all offers to visit all the touristy sites. So... there's nothing to do but stay at home. She likes to play MJ, and hinted to Carman a few times. Carman of course picked up on it so we played a few games with her. I even took a hour off work early to rush home to play 4 rounds with her, before Carman has to head out and go to school in the evening.
Grandma left last night with Ted, Carman's brother, to Toronto. I have to say that Ted have also been incredible being grandma's escort all this time. You know how old people are... we think she packed her whole house into 4 giant luggage. Grandma maintained that she can carry the things herself and don't need nobody. But face it... there's no way a 78 year old lady with bad knees can lift 4 23 lbs bags in addition to hand carried luggage. So Ted ended up by default responsible for all the heavy lifting. This guy didn't complain once. Such a great kid. He'll get lots of rewards when he returns to us next week~ I miss him already. Haha!
Anyway, I think between the 3 of us, grandma got the most prestige treatment we have ever given to any guests. We're direct representatives of Carman's mom, and I think we did her proud. And thank god my parents have been so accomadating too. Especially Dad making the extra trip to the airport to help us transport the giant luggage. I don't think grandma has any legitimate reasons to complain about anything. Hahaha. 5 star services!
Anyway, we finally got our basement suite back to ourselves. We'll won't have to provide such service until grandma decides she's had enough of Toronto. Ooooooh, we can't wait!!! Hahaha!

0 comments:
Post a Comment