Friday, February 12, 2010

New Status!

As of yesterday, February 11, Carman is a landed permanent resident of Canada! Yaaaaaay!!!

It's been a long long application process. Much longer than the normal processing time. Thankfully, we have a big crew of extremely good and true friends to give us support through our wait. They are the reason our wait was that much more bearable.

Somehow our application came to a stall 6 months into the process. Finally we took the advice of people on the immigration forum to contact our MP. We have deep gratitude to Janet Woo, Constituency Assistant of Libby Davies. (I know who I'm voting for next election!) She was very proactive in checking on the status of our application. Without her prodding and poking the immigration officer that was handling our application, we may not have the case completed yet~

Finally~ we can move on to the next stage of our lives! Bebe~ Welcome to Canada! Hahaha! I love you!

0 comments: