Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Day Of School

Yesterday I took my Bebe to SFU for her first day of school. Knowing how unproficient she is with a map and has a horrible sense of direction, I'm quite worried she will get lost in the big campus. SFU is not considered very big... but it's quite a bit bigger than Douglas College. Anyway, so I decided I will take her up a day before her classes officially start so I can make sure she knows how to get to them without getting lost on campus.

I gotta say though... while I'm pretty good with maps and directions, there were a couple of times I got confused with which way to go. What SFU should provide to all new students are campus GPS's that can be downloaded onto an iPhone or Blackberry, etc!!! Cause the maps aren't very useful themselves, you can't really tell how to get out of one building to go to the next one. Cause the linking walkways could be on different floors, or proper doors aren't shown on the maps. They don't make it easy for new students to find their way around.

So at the end, we managed to find all of Carman's classrooms. And she knows where to get off and on the bus. We also go her library card and U-Pass all set up too. SFU's student cards are ugly... IMHO. Good thing Carman's photo turned out great to redeem the ugliness of rest of the card. Hahahaha!

20090908-DSCF5471-1 20090908-DSCF5475-1 20090908-DSCF5481-1
20090908-DSCF5480-2

Listening to...
Kings of Leon - Use Somebody

0 comments: