Saturday, August 8, 2009

*eyes glazed over* Oooooooh~~~ Preeeeetty!!!

I was flipping through the newspaper today and saw an ad for the new Olympus EP-1... and OH MY GOD! IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!


Here you can see the EP-1 next to the vintage PEN series back from the 1970's. The EP-1 is the one on left.

Of course, I went online immediately to dig up anything I can find about it. In short summary, it's a retro-looking 4/3 DSLR-like camera. Note DSRL-like because the EP-1 doesn't not have a mirror, but still features interchangable lenses.


Please read full article here (where I got these images from): http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/22390/olympus-ep1-pen/

If I have an extra $800 bucks laying around now, I'd probably pick one of these babies up this minute, just for the mere reason they look so damn cool! But since I don't, I gotta consider if this is even worth buying in regards to the specs. The things that are holding me back from making the purchase are:
1. It doesn't have a viewfinder.
2. AF is reported to be sluggish.
3. No built-in flash.
4. Low res LCD screen.

But hey! It is rumored that the EP-2 will be out by the end of this year with improvements~ And supposedly it will have a viewfinder. Yes!

I shall wait and see~~~

And look, it even comes in white! I still prefer the black leather and steel combo cause it looks more like an authentic vintage camera.

2 comments:

karlos said...

umm... it looks cool... but the quality seems not so good.... i wanna have the D-Lux~~~~ hohohoho

Unknown said...

i saw that one at Broadway too. forgot how much. i think just under HK$7000. i was drooling over it too.